Thursday, September 15, 2011

What we throw away....

| | 1 comments
I know my clients would like to think that I don't toss a single image from their session. Each and every moment is truly precious. But when it comes to making a decision for printing, we all suffer from paralysis through analysis. I haven't had a consistent headshot in years, because my Dad keeps taking pictures of me, but I can't decide which truly represents my personality.

So the question becomes, not, do I delete this:
Because, of course, yes. But do I delete this? 


Because, while Anthony's look might seem mid-thought to me, it may personify his true personality to his Mom and Dad. There's this picture of my husband, hanging permanently as an 11x14 on my in-love's wall. It's black and white. Juan's tongue is slightly out between his tight lips. He's got a gleam in his eyes and a small ball in his hands. He looks like he's up to something both super fun and no good at all. The image speaks volumes about who he was as a three year old. It represents both the trials and the joy that he has brought to his family for 35 years.  

The true essence of a person is what I try to capture in a photograph. A work that will stand the test of time. Something that hangs on the wall of house after house, year after year, and always speaks: "that's my (son) (my brother) (me) (my lover)."
So, in this age of digital photography. What do we throw away? What do we keep? Let me know how you make this decision, in the comments.

A few favorites from Dina and Mark's session....






more soon, from the land of the busy and blessed....svg

1 comments:

diana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Check Out the Website

Wedding Wire Reviews

Read all of our Wedding Photography Reviews at Weddings, Wedding Cakes,  Wedding Planning, Wedding Checklists, Free Wedding Websites, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Ideas & more

Followers

Be the First to Hear about New Products, Classes and Sessions!

All images copyright: Stacey Vaeth Photography www.staceyvaeth.com. Powered by Blogger.
 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance