Friday, January 16, 2009

Images Inspiring Words

| | 2 comments
In November I was approached by a blogger who said "i've discovered in my writing that a photo is an amazing tool to inspire creativity". the author of Every Photo Tells A Story asked to use one of my photographs to inspire writers.

I thought I would share the subsequent poem, spurred by this image of mine:


...i think it's great:

CRASH---Free Write---
Lights flash orange, the wind whips
like a mothers wrathful tongue,
coming here I thought I could reconcile
but here I cry out in pain as memories
eat me from the inside.
I pedal faster, littering tears along
a frozen sidewalk, I wonder what
the impact of flesh and steel would feel like,
pondering thoughts I continue...lights.
Why do they follow me? I have done nothing wrong,
is it wrong to want to live, to laugh
and understand?
Music fills my ears,
I am slipping away once more,
it is a steady beat with an upbeat vocal,
she soothes my fiery temper, my temperature drops.
"Take it slow, take it easy"
I hum its simple tune.
Returning to delirium I am sane
as I watch the passing people
from my rotting bench, the dedication plaque
has been unreadable for years.
Lights overhead and below,
forever searching, leaning into a tight corner
I grasp tightly the rubber of my handlebars,
narrowing my eyes I visualize brilliance and cunning.
The sound barrier shatters
as someone laughs inside my head
and rain falls from the parched ground,
I straighten body and bike,
pedaling faster...orange lights flash
as I come to realize the feeling
of flesh and metal meeting.

By: Sarah Copeland

2 comments:

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

Stacey: Thank you so much for this most generous post:)

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

And, I'm always amazed about Sarah's writing ability:)

Thank you for agreeing to submit your beautiful photograph!

Check Out the Website

Wedding Wire Reviews

Read all of our Wedding Photography Reviews at Weddings, Wedding Cakes,  Wedding Planning, Wedding Checklists, Free Wedding Websites, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Ideas & more

Followers

Be the First to Hear about New Products, Classes and Sessions!

All images copyright: Stacey Vaeth Photography www.staceyvaeth.com. Powered by Blogger.
 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance