Thursday, November 6, 2008

Adventures in Light

| | 0 comments
The ultimate task of any photographer is to capture light. We're not looking to actually take a photo of a "thing" - we're looking at how the light reflects off of that thing. Sometimes our eye can see, and sometimes, on those really hard days, it can't. I had one of those nights last night. I was working with a challenging lighting situation on little sleep, trying to "see", and got stuck. I can't say that that has happened to me in years. But there it was. Perhaps it's the photographers version of writer's block. The more I thought, the more muddled gray I saw.
So..as a reminder to me, this morning I am working through older photos, and came across a few that really demonstrate how light is more important than the object itself.




0 comments:

Check Out the Website

Wedding Wire Reviews

Read all of our Wedding Photography Reviews at Weddings, Wedding Cakes,  Wedding Planning, Wedding Checklists, Free Wedding Websites, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Ideas & more

Followers

Be the First to Hear about New Products, Classes and Sessions!

All images copyright: Stacey Vaeth Photography www.staceyvaeth.com. Powered by Blogger.
 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance